Saturday, June 5, 2010

Birthday Parties

2 weeks ago Camden had a Birthday Party in the backyard. We swam, and did a few water balloons, and got out the big water slide. The biggest attraction was going down a little slide in the pool and having David catch them on the way down. He had kids hanging around his neck, leg, arm and really anything they could hold on to for an hour and a half. We had 28 kids there so we had to rotate, in and out of the pool. David was a great sport! I am so glad it was him and not me. I would have been so frazzled with that many 6 year olds swimming around me.

Yesterday we had Braden's Birthday Party...yes I realize I am throwing each of there parties, 2 weeks early. Camden's we did before a friend left to Utah, and Braden's we wanted to do before one of his best buddies, moved to California. So we had Six 12 year old boys out in the back, David set up the screen next to the pool, and they had a "Dive-In" Movie They watched the Toothfairy, while we had Nacho's. Then we had an oreo ice cream cake (well I skipped it cause I'm watching the sweets) But I hear it was delish! Then they got there sleeping bags out, and set up camp on the trampoline. Camden cried and cried because Braden didn't want little brothers out there. He finally caved in and allowed Tristen (since Tristen is such a good buddy to all of his friends, and he wants to be invited when Tristen does his 12 year old sleep over) I didn't realize we had started a tradition, but oh well. It went well. Camden however was furious that his brother who is 5 years older than him, wouldn't want him to join his sleep over. I let David handle it, while I put the 2 girls I am babysitting down for the night. David told Camden he could sleep infront of the T.V. and stay up late, which he did. However, in the morning we found out that he had snuck out sometime during the night with a water gun and sprayed the boys on the tramp. Lol! Boys will be Boys! The boys had a great time the next morning swimming and playing games on the Wii! It was a pretty easy party. The crazy thing is we celebrated both Birthdays before June 5th! Their actual birthdays are not till next week, and the week after that. We got a head start this year, and it is soo nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment